Freaking out is not at all a solution to resurrect water-damaged phones. It’s rather a good idea to have some patience and quickly manage to get out the water traces from all the open slots. It’s therefore, imperative to immediately cure the wet phones before there’s any permanent loss.
Although, it’s an era of waterproof smartphones, it’s not necessary that every time you got lucky, even waterproof phones may have the chances to get impaired by Adam’s ale. So, unfortunately, if your phone has fallen into the water and is also not insured, there’re many ways to bring back your drenched phone to life.
Before we get to know some cool hacks to dry a sopping phone, read here some crucial ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’ts’ that has to keep in mind while dealing with such an uneasy situation 👉
- Salvage the phone ASAP
- Hastily take out the SIM Card, SD Card, Battery, and other removable parts.
- Make use of cotton cloth or towel to soak the water.
- It’s best to sun-baked the drown phone.
- Keep the phone away from moisture.
- Take it to the service center for a complete check-up.
- Do not switch on the phone.
- Do not frantically press random buttons.
- Do not shake and blow the phone.
- Do not use, Hair-dryer, Oven or Induction cooktops to dry it out.
- Do not try to charge the phone.
- Do not right away plug it with PC or any other device.
Making Use of Rice Proves An Effective Home Remedy!
Since rice has the ability to absorb water, it works great for rescuing a soaked phone. Simply bury the phone in any container or bowl full of rice and wait for not less than a day. It might take another 2 or 3 days but eventually, it helps. Alternatively, one may also try ‘Kitty litter’ or ‘Oatmeal’ instead of rice.
Use of Drying Agent
There’re a lot of drying agents like Silica gel, synthetic desiccant packets and couscous pearls that acts magically to suck up all the water filled into the phone. This stuff is easily available on any nearby grocery store at a low price. Once you choose the drying agent, here’s what to do next –
- Dismantle all the removable parts of your phone.
- Wipe it out with a towel or a piece of cloth.
- Place all the phone parts in a tub.
- Stuff it with the aid of drying agent.
- Let it rest for 2 to 3 days.
- On the 4th day, fix all the phone pieces together.
- Try to switch it on and you’ll see the phone working.
The smartphone is no more a luxury, it’s something that we need 24×7 and 365 days in a year. It’s, therefore, creepiest to see it sinking into the water. It wouldn’t only give a huge financial stroke but also result in losing important data. Whatever has been given in this article, will definitely be fruitful to revive a dripped phone.
This’s Deborah Rosales from California. Although I’m a housewife, cling a keen interest in tech. Therefrom, I’ve created this website to unleash my zest on the latest Apps and everything else related to Mobile technology.