We’re living in the world of Machine learning and AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Apple is one of the finest examples. Undoubtedly, through machine learning, things are getting done automatically with great precision but since nothing can be perfect, Machine learning too sometimes goes wrong and iPhone’s Photo App is no exception.
Apple’s Photo App spot all the faces in your pictures and creates a separate album grouping similar faces together. This, of course, is an exemplary feature providing great ease however, it may turn messy if it fails in recognizing correctly. Thankfully, Apple allows to intervene manually and set it right. Here’s how –
Organize “People” Album
“People” album is an automatically created folder on your phone gallery, which stores all the photos of people you’re connected with. If you wish to add more photos here, do the following.
- Open the photo to be added in the “People” album.
- Swipe the photo.
- Tap on the ‘Thumbnail’. (This’s same as that of in the “People” album for that person)
- Give it a name.
- Tap ‘Next’
- Quickly all the photos with a similar name will appear on your iPhone screen.
- Tap ‘Confirm’ to associate all the photos with the given name above.
Name The Faces
iPhone’s photo app is smart enough to suggest name based on how frequent they appear in your iPhone or fetching it from the contact list.
- Go to “People” album.
- Open the photo to which the name has to be given.
- From the top, tap on ‘Add’ name.
- Give a name.
- Tap ‘Done’
Merge Common Faces
It might be possible that a single photo is appearing in multiple groups. To merge them in a single album, these are the steps –
- Select any photo.
- Tap on the ‘Thumbnails’.
- At the bottom, tap “Merge”.
Sort Favorite Ones
Indeed! We all have some near and dear ones who deserve a special place in our heart. It’s quite simple to mark such faces into “Favorites”, here’re the steps.
- Go to iPhone gallery.
- Simply, open up the photo that you desire to deliver in favorites.
- Tap on the small ‘Heart’ at the bottom right of the photo.
- And it’s now in ‘Favorites’.
Photos Wrongly Identified – Fix It Manually!
If the photo app mistakes in recognizing faces right, simply fix it manually.
- Open “People” album.
- Tap the mistakenly identified photo.
- Select it.
- Tap on ‘Show faces’. (This focus only on the face, leaving the rest of the photo)
- Tap on ‘Not This Person’.
- Now as stated above, add the correct name and ‘Thumbnail’ to the photo.
We’re becoming slaves to technology and blindly trust on the automation of AI and Machine learning. To be sure, it works great but it can’t be error-free. Apple has figured out the way to fix the wrongly identified faces in its latest launch of iPhones and therefore added an option to add the name manually in the “People” album. As you must’ve seen, it’s easy and quick to do. Happy Moments!