Well-known for productive features and efficient operations, Apple once again stand right on its user expectations. In its latest iOS 12 launch, Apple has brought all-new Siri Shortcuts with customizable voice commands. Typing is old school, people are now becoming more habitual of giving commands to virtual voice assistants and as a result, ‘Siri’ has been updated to add further ease into our lives.
What is Siri Shortcuts?
Siri is an Apple’s official virtual voice assistant and is in limelight these days due to its newly introduced feature – “Siri Shortcuts”. The feature gives new powers to speed up actions through shortcuts. A comprehensive list of generic shortcuts already comes built-in, however, the choice of creating your own is also provided.
Siri Shortcuts are nothing but small phrases using which one can quickly get what they’re looking for, without the need to open the particular app.
Let’s better understand this with a simple example. Say, if you want to take a picture, just speak “Siri! Take a photo” and it’ll be done without visiting the camera app.
How To Use Siri Shortcuts?
‘Siri Shortcuts’ comes integrated to support many other applications like camera, music, clock, calendar, messaging and much more. Creating and managing shortcuts is easy and can be done in no time. Here’re some crucial and basic settings that one must know about Siri Shortcuts.
Get the “Shortcut” App
- First and foremost, download the “Shortcuts” app on the iPhone. Here’s the link to iTunes store 👉 https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT209055
- Open the app.
- A gallery of shortcuts would appear on the screen to choose from.
- Or, tap on ‘Create Shortcut’ to set your own.
Add Shortcuts From Other Apps.
- Open any app that supports Siri Shortcuts.
- Tap on the available option of ‘Add to Siri’.
- Hold the Red dot to record the phrase to be used as a shortcut.
- Press ‘Done’ to finish.
Add Shortcuts From iPhone Settings.
- Under “Settings”, look for “Sir”.
- Go to ‘Shortcuts’.
- Tap “+” sign corresponding to the suggested shortcuts.
- Hold Red dot to record the phrase to be used as a shortcut.
- Press ‘Done’ to finish.
If an application is not appearing in the list, it might not be updated or the feature is yet to come. If former is the case, try again once you update the particular app.
Delete or Change the Shortcut
- Follow the path 👉 iPhone “Settings” > “Siri & search” > “My shortcuts”.
- Select the shortcut which is to change or delete.
- To delete, swipe to left and hit ‘Delete’.
- To change the phrase, go with the option of “Re-record”.
Siri Shortcuts is the new way to get things done in an easy, quick and fun way. Many shortcuts are in-built while many more can be added as per user convenience. Apple once again has proven its excellence with this pioneering feature in a virtual assistant. Hopefully, many more good things are on their way to amaze us. For sure, Siri users are going to enjoy “Shortcuts”.
This’s Deborah Rosales from California. Although I’m a housewife, cling a keen interest in tech. Therefrom, I’ve created this website to unleash my zest on the latest Apps and everything else related to Mobile technology.