For Android, since it’s a Google’s native platform, it’s quite easy to synchronize all the Google services (Drive, Emails, Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets, etc.) but for an iPhone user availing Google, services is a bit tricky. However, as nothing is impossible, iPhone lovers can too enjoy Google services. As if now, let’s talk about synchronization of Google Calendar to the iPhone or iPad.
Google Calendar has got all the necessary features to help to organize life better. While the app comes pre-installed on Android smartphones, it has to be synchronized with Apple’s default calendar app in order to continue using it on the iPhone.
It’s a short and easy process. Have a look –
On iPhone or iPad
- Go to ‘Accounts & passwords’ under ‘Settings’ of your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to select the option of ‘Add Account’.
- Among the list of options, choose ‘Google’.
- Fill your Google account credentials.
- Tap ‘Next’ and complete the Google sign-in process.
- Once you get in, enable the option of ‘Calendars’.
- And hit ‘Save’.
- Now open the iPhone’s default calendar app.
- From the bottom, go to ‘Calendars’ to see all of Google Calendar.
- Open Apple Calendar on desktop.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ under Calendar settings.
- Click ‘+’ in ‘Accounts’ tab.
- Add a Google account entering the required credentials.
- Doing this, Google Calendars would then be synchronized to Macbook.
What Features of Google Calendar are not Accessible on iPhone, iPad or Mac?
- Do not send notifications through email for upcoming events or appointments.
- Can’t create new calendars.
- Option of ‘Room Schedule’ is also missing.
Google Calendar is available only for Android is totally a myth. It’s a highly flexible and general application that can be accessed through all the platforms along synchronization with other Calendar apps. Although, not all the features are available, yet the basic synchronization helps. Thanks to the native settings of iPhone, iPad and Macbook which allows to add Google Calendar without taking aid of any third party application for this purpose.