Most Windows users will be oblivious to the fact that whenever they connect the USB flash drive on any Windows computer, it always stores a record even after the drive is removed. Anyone can easily access the records of USB flash drives ever connected to any Windows computer. The option probably renders people the chance to peep into your personal files, if you connect the drive other than a personal computer.
Simple Steps to Remove the Record of USB Plug in Equipment from Windows
It is imperative to vanish the history to preclude the data loss and data theft as it is feasible through registry explorer to explore the history of all USB devices.
That’s why it is important that whenever you remove the USB flash drive connected to an unknown computer, make sure to delete the history with the help of useful methods as listed below.
With the Help of Regedit Command
- Go to the “start” menu on a Windows computer.
- Click the button and select “run” option from the list.
- Type “regedit.exe” in the run dialogue box.
- Now press “enter” button on your keyboard.
- Then a window will get open on the screen containing registry editor options.
- Click on the “+” sign available next to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”
- Then go to the “system” folder and again click on “+” sign to open the options.
- After that double click on “currentControlSet” option.
- Now go to “enum” folder and click on “+” sign to open it.
- At last click on the “+” sign next to “USB” folder.
- It will open the history of all USB storage devices connected on the computer.
- You can now delete all the records from the system.
With the Help of USB Oblivion Desktop App
- Download “USB Oblivion” in the computer from any authentic site.
- After you download the application one zip folder will come in the download folder.
- Extract the zip folder in which two versions of the app will come.
- One is for 32 bit and the other is for 64 bit windows versions.
- Install the appropriate .exe file in your Windows computer.
- Double click the .exe file and then click “run” to start the installation.
- After finishing the installation, launch the app in computer.
- One window will arrive on system asking to clean the system.
- Click on “clean” option to start the process.
- Now the app will search the history of old USB devices on computer.
- Again click on “clean” option to delete all the entries.
- Now restart the computer to make sure that the app will remove all the entries.
After going through the easy options as given below, all Windows users can easily delete the history of USB devices ever connected with the computer. So it is suggested that whenever you connect the personal USB flash drive on another computer, then make sure to delete the history after removing the drive with the help of steps as listed above. So that other users can’t look into your personal data after going in registry explorer available in Windows.